The Government of Brunei Darussalam is offering annual scholarships for foreign students to study at University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Islam Sultan Sharif Ali university [UNISSA] and Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB] in Brunei. These scholarships are awarded to the students of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries and others. These are awarded for pursuing HND (Higher National Diploma), undergraduate, master’s, master’s by research and doctoral program in various disciplines. Scholarship award is normally tenable for the duration of the programme. These scholarships are for the academic session 2014/15. Application should be submitted till .
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded for the courses offered by the UBD, UNISSA and ITB at different levels.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing HND (Higher National Diploma), undergraduate (Honours), master, master’s by research and doctoral program at University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Islam Sultan Sharif Ali university [UNISSA] and Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB].
Scholarship Provider: Brunei Darussalam Government
Scholarship can be taken at: Brunei
Eligibility: -Applicants must be citizens of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries and othres are eligible to apply.
-Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 25 for undergraduate programmes and not exceed 35 for postgraduate programmes on the .
at the commencement of the academic session for which they are applying for admission.
-The award is not eligible, to Brunei Permanent Residents and foreigners residing in Brunei Darussalam.
Scholarship Open for International Students: The students of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries and others can apply for the scholarships.
Scholarship Description: With His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam’s consent, the Government of Brunei Darussalam is offering annual scholarships under a special scholarship award scheme, for the 2014/2015 academic session. Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the aim of the scholarship awards is to provide applicants, with the opportunity to study at University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Islam Sultan Sharif Ali university [UNISSA] and Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB].
Duration of award(s): The scholarship award is normally tenable for the minimum period required to obtain the specific degree which is four years for a first degree with honours , one to two years for a master’s degree, three years for a doctoral degree at UBD, UNISSA and ITB, two and a half years for HND at ITB, three years for diploma of health sciences at UBD, all on a full time basis.
What does it cover?
- –The scholars are exempted from paying the tuition fees and other appropriate compulsory fees determined by the university for the duration of the programme.
- -One return economy class air-ticket for the most economically viable route to Brunei Darussalam will be determined by the Brunei Darussalam Government. No additional assistance will be provided towards other travel expenses.
- -Allowances payable will include:
- -Monthly personal allowance of BND500.00
- -Annual Book Allowance BND600.00
- -Monthly food allowance of BND150.00
- -Baggage allowance maximum institution of BND250.00 to ASEAN region and BND500.00 to non ASEAN region upon completion of the programme only.
- -An accommodation at respective institution residential college is provided. If the scholar opts not to live in the provided accommodation, no additional allowance will be given in the lieu of board and transport.
- -Only outpatient medical and/or dental treatment received at any Brunei government hospitals are complimentary. An administration charge will however be payable for every consultation with the government general practitioner or specialist. Should the scholar seek further medical or dental treatments at any private hospital or clinic, all expenses are to be borne by scholars themselves.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is by post. The application form and supporting documents must be of A4 size and printed on 1 side and then must be duly completed and endorsed by the relevant authorities of the applicant’s country of origin. 3 copies of the application form and 3 copies of the supporting documents must be submitted to Technical Assistant Division or the Brunei Mission in your country of origin or the closet Brunei Darussalam Mission to the country of origin.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Complete application forms together with certified copies of relevant certificates and documents must reach the Technical Assistant Division not later than.
Application form is attached. Click here to download