World Powers Reach Historic Nuclear Deal With Iran

Is This A Setup?

Diplomats Strike Deal in Iran Talks

Diplomats say a deal has been reached in Geneva regarding Iran's nuclear programme.

By Al-Jazeera

November 23, 2013 "Information Clearing House – "Al-Jazeera" – —  Iran and six world powers have reached an agreement on curbing Iran's nuclear programme in exchange for limited sanctions relief, several delegations in the talks said on Sunday.

"We have reached an agreement," Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif announced on his Twitter feed. 

Al Jazeera's Jonah Hull speaking from Geneva said "marathon talks have come to an end, the French foreign minister gave a thumbs up as he departed the Intercontinental hotel.

"Foreign ministers of the P5+1 negotiation with Iran will be going to Geneva's UN headquarters where they will announce details of the deal," he said. "There are no details yet, but a interim agreement has been struck to roll back some of Iran's nuclear programme."

"It is extraordinarily significant," he added.

EU says deal reached on Iran's nuclear program

EU's High Representative for Foreign Affairs says world powers and Iran have reached an interim agreement over the nation's nuclear program.

By  and z

November 23, 2013 "Information Clearing House – " – — GENEVA – The European Union's High Representative for Foreign Affairs says world powers and Iran have reached an interim agreement over the nation's nuclear program.

"We have reached agreement between E3+3 and Iran," said EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton, shortly after a marathon session was concluded early Sunday morning.

After the session was concluded early on Sunday morning, conflicting reports on its outcome were quick to emerge. But speculation as to whether progress was made or not was cut short shortly after 3:00 A.M. local time.

"We have reached an agreement," Iran's Foreign Minister concisely tweeted, as the news broke.

U.S. President Obama is to make an annnouncement at 10:15 Eastern Time.

A briefing is to be held shortly.

P5+1 and Iran agree landmark nuclear deal at Geneva talks


The P5+1 world powers and Iran have struck a historic deal on Tehran’s nuclear program at talks in Geneva on Sunday. Ministers overcame the last remaining hurdles to reach agreement, despite strong pressure from Israel and lobby groups.

No exact details of the deal have been immediately made public.

According to reports by Fars news agency, under the deal Iran has agreed to halt enriching uranium up to 20 percent for 6 months, while enrichment under 5 percent will be continued. 

Under the agreement Iran will get access to $4.2 billion in exchange for halting its nuclear program, a Western diplomat told Reuters.

US President Obama is expected to deliver a speech on the historic resolution within the next hour.

The P5+1 and Iran arrived at the historic deal over Iran’s nuclear program at approximately 3:00 AM local time in Geneva. 

Before the assembly, the foreign ministers reportedly spent some time consulting with their capitals, a diplomatic source in the Russian delegation told Ria.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov stressed on Saturday that “for the first time in many years the six world powers and Iran have a real opportunity to reach agreement.”

The tough discussions of the remaining sticking point of nuclear enrichment has stretched into the night, as the world powers were adamant to strike a deal.

According to Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi, shortly before midnight, the talks were in “their 11th hour.” He said that “98 percent of the draft” had already been agreed and the sides were discussing the remaining 2 percent, which was “very important” to the Iranian side.

During the day Iran once again reiterated it would not accept a deal which did not recognize in one way or another Iran’s right to enrich uranium.

“Any agreement without recognizing Iran's right to enrich, practically and verbally, will be unacceptable for Tehran,” Araghchi told journalists.

President Obama Makes a Statement on Iran


Check Also

Muslims worldwide observe Al Quds Day By Latheef Farook

Muslims worldwide observe last Friday of the Holy Month of Ramadhan as Al Quds ( …

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Discover more from Sri lanka Muslims Web Portal

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading